|2018 Ford Expedition|
2018 Ford Expedition For present day lively families, Ford added the all-new Ford Expedition - the smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever - with generation to maintain each passenger connected, more energy for drivers, and more anticipated towing functionality than every other huge SUV.
"When Expedition changed into brought two decades ago, it set the same old for energetic families who surely needed a big and robust SUV to take them places," stated Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. "Today's households need even extra smart generation to help them cover extra floor adequately, extra efficaciously and greater with ease - all even as staying related to pals and family."
Smartest Expedition ever
The all-new Ford Expedition gives extra driver-assist era than every other full-size SUV.
In addition, an all-new excessive-energy, aluminum-alloy frame and redesigned high-strength steel body shape the foundation for Expedition's rugged off-road and strong towing competencies. Thanks to using superior materials, the all-new Expedition saves up to three hundred pounds, and the crew reinvested that weight financial savings everywhere it counts to give clients extra era and convenience features than ever before.
More than forty functions and motive force-assist technologies new to Expedition help make the journey as fun as the destination.
These consist of elegance-one-of-a-kind more suitable lively park assist to easily pull inside and outside of parking spots, as well as available 360-diploma camera technology to assist customers see more around their Expedition for easier parking.
On the street, Ford Expedition's lane-preserving aid is designed to lessen unintended drifting of the car outside its intended lane, at the same time as adaptive cruise manage with forestall-and-pass permits drivers to set a cruising pace, the use of radar and digicam generation to monitor visitors to hold a hard and fast distance among automobiles.
Its collision avoidance detection system facilitates drivers avoid different motors or pedestrians, whilst to be had Blind Spot Information System enables reveal blind spots outside the driving force's instant view.
In addition, Expedition gives to be had new connectivity technologies and comfort functions, which include:
- Wireless charging; Expedition is Ford's first automobile to function this gadget, which permits clients to location well matched mobile gadgets on an integrated charging pad without difficulty located in the the front center console
- Wi-Fi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices right away, as much as 50 toes far from the vehicle
- Dual-headrest rear seat leisure system presents a subsequent-era video enjoy that permits passengers to view their domestic cable programming on either of two video monitors or hand-held devices
- SYNC® three, with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, permits drivers to live linked at the circulate
- SYNC Connect shall we owners connect to the vehicle remotely the usage of FordPass® to start, lock, free up and locate their vehicle from everywhere, whilst additionally allowing access to crucial vehicle diagnostic records
- Power for passengers in each row, with four 12-volt electricity points, six USB chargers and a 110-volt electricity outlet that shall we passengers live charged and linked
- 12-speaker B&O PLAY top class audio system perfected with the aid of acoustic engineers for a legitimate enjoy even audiophiles will admire
- Advanced cargo supervisor with an adjustable shelf at the back of the third row we could owners create a garage space customized to something they may be hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo may not roll out the again of Expedition when the liftgate is opened
- Panoramic Vista Roof spans rows, a feature no longer supplied via any competitor
Most succesful Expedition ever
Powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine with widespread Auto Start-Stop plus a category-distinctive new 10-speed automated transmission, the all-new Expedition is the maximum effective Expedition ever. A newly to be had digital restricted-slip differential on models with Intelligent 4 wheel drive allows progressed off-avenue capability with the aid of sending strength where it is wished.
More than 50 percentage of Expedition clients fee towing, and 15 percent tow weekly or monthly. That's why the all-new Expedition gives Pro Trailer Backup Assist, which makes backing up a trailer as easy as turning a knob.
Plus, an to be had arms-unfastened liftgate makes loading cargo smooth.
Most adaptable Expedition ever
The all-new Ford Expedition has a roomy, flexible interior. With seating for up to eight humans and their tools, this sizeable SUV makes present day circle of relatives adventures more cozy at some stage in short and long trips alike.
The all-new Ford Expedition is the first tremendous utility to characteristic a sliding 2nd-row seat with tip-and-slide capability, presenting easy get right of entry to to the 1/3 row without the want to first put off a child protection seat. Once inside the 1/3 row, even adults will appreciate greater legroom and reclining seats.
Expedition's 2d- and 0.33-row seats can be quickly folded flat with the rush of a button to open up a shipment vicinity wide enough to address 4x8-foot sheets of plywood and other equipment, depending on shipment weight and load distribution, despite the liftgate closed.
Even the force is extra adaptable, with Expedition's all-new Terrain Management System™ that lets clients select between power modes for surest car handling in unique conditions. This includes ordinary for around-metropolis driving, recreation for more lively journeys, tow/haul for stepped forward towing and hauling performance, eco for stronger gas financial system, grass/gravel/snow for loose terrain, sand for low traction situations, and dirt/rut for choppy surfaces.
The all-new Ford Expedition is available in XLT, Limited and Platinum series. In addition, an XL model is to be had for fleet customers, from law enforcement to emergency offerings. To help clients pick the proper quantity of interior room for their families, all series are to be had at the extended-length Expedition MAX.
The all-new Ford Expedition is part of Ford's plan to develop its SUV management with five new vehicles for North America in the next four years.
The all-new Ford Expedition arrives in fall 2017. It is constructed at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Kentucky.